Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection
Avoid Ransomware and other Advanced Threats
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) is built into the next-generation email security platform, which gives you an edge and an advantage avoiding URL and Attachment based threats. With TAP your Email Administrators will have clear sight into all email communications for a far-reaching view of your unique threat landscape. The TAP dashboard provides complete visibility into everything. Convenient access allows administrators a simple view into Sandbox alerts, Forensic data, and deliverable reporting.
No Cyber Security vendor can claim to be 100% effective, but TAP maintains accountability alerting your administrators of delivered threats even if the unique message was deemed malicious after delivery. TAP is the world best solution keeping your organization safe from banking trojans, ransomware, and advanced attacks that are targeted your organization.
Deep, message-level context makes TAP especially effective at identifying hard-to-catch threats that other solutions miss.
TAP allows you to:
- Block and quarantine messages with malicious attachments or malicious URLs. They never reach the inbox, so users never click on them and become compromised.
- You can submit attachments and URLs to our cloud-based scanning service to detect and inspect malicious content.
- Transparently rewrite all embedded URLs to protect all users on any device or network. Using TAP you may track and block clicks to malicious web pages without interfering with the user experience or other URL-filtering technologies you’re using.
TAP stops threats quickly and accurately. It applies multi-stage analysis to inspect the full attack chain. In addition to its analysis it uses a combination of static and dynamic techniques to catch even the most advanced threats. TAP technology doesn’t just detect threats—it also learns from them. It observes the patterns, behaviors, and tradecraft used in each attack. With that insight, TAP adapts to make the next attack easier to catch.
What makes TAP technology superior?
The cloud-based sandbox is constantly adapting to detect new attack tools, tactics, and targets. TAP technology handles evasive attacker techniques: virtual-machine detection, time-delay malware activation, geographically bound threats, and more.
Some threats, like credential phishing attacks, leave no obvious digital traces. We use a template- and reputation-based detection to efficiently catch these attacks.
TAP’s unique predictive analysis preemptively identifies and sandboxes suspicious URLs based on the email traffic patterns. This drastically minimizes the risk of a patient-zero case from a previously unknown malicious URL.
Superior Intel and Visibility
Only Proofpoint provides threat intelligence that spans email, network, mobile apps, and social media. Our threat graph of community-based intelligence contains more than 800 billion data points that correlate attack campaigns across diverse industries and geographies. You can easily utilize this insight through the
TAP Threat Intelligence Dashboard.
- This can be accessed through a web browser. You get visibility into the threats entering your organization. See who is attacking, how they’re attacking, and what they’re after. These detail helps you prioritize alerts and act on them.
- Highlights broad attack campaigns and targeted threats. See attacks directed at your executive leadership and other high-value employees.
- Provides detailed forensic information on threats and campaigns in real time. You get downloadable reports and can integrate with other tools through APIs.
To protect your people, data, and brand, your defenses must work where your people do—at the pace that they do.
TAP allows you to:
Protect users on any network, on any device, and in every location they check their email. TAP works on internal or external networks (both public and private) on mobile devices, desktop PCs and the web.
Quickly deploy and exract value immediately. You can protect hundreds of thousands of users in days. TAP can be easily configured as add-on modules to the Proofpoint Protection Server. It can be deployed as a virtual appliance, hardware appliance, or cloud service.
Protect your organization from Ransomware, Phishing, and Imposter Threats
Proofpoint protects your people, data, and brand across email, mobile, and social. Proofpoint solutions will help you manage critical data — and respond quickly when things go wrong.
On September 15th, 2016 the United States Federal Bureau Of Investigation issued an official statement urging victims of Advanced Cyber threats to report ransomware incidents to federal law enforcement to help gain a comprehensive view of the current threat and its impact on U.S. victims. One particular ransomware variant compromised an estimated 100,000 computers a day.
September 15, 2016 | Alert Number I-091516-PSA | FBI Public Service Announcement