Although challenges with IoT security and data privacy persist, IoT will continue to grow, propelled by targeted business goals and AI for data analytics.
1. IoT projects will be driven by business goals, not technology
2. IoT architectural groundwork will create more use cases
3. Interoperability issues will eventually winnow vendors from the market
4. IoT data analysis will inevitably lead to AI
5. IoT will continue to be fraught with security challenges
6. Privacy concerns continue until precipitating events push greater regulations